Change Recruitment are currently working exclusively with a growing manufacturing business based in Swindon to find a Buyer. Reporting directly to the purchasing team leader, you manage all aspects of the purchase of materials for the business ensuring cost saving through smart inventory management and strategic purchasing decisions.
- Placing purchase orders and works orders to ensure the inventory is kept at optimum levels
- Maintain supplier price agreements, communicating changes where appropriate
- Ensure ERP data is kept updated and maintained to the highest standard
- Responsible for analysing & processing quotations from different suppliers and propose and negotiate the most economic decisions & competitive prices.
- Ensure purchase orders are delivered on time in full
- Working closely with Sales to establish firm and forecast requirements
- Analysis of data to ensure efficient stocking policies are maintained
- Analysis & compilation of reporting metrics for the Purchasing team
- Support the introduction of new products from existing and new suppliers
- Innovative and commercially focused, comfortable challenging the status-quo
- Data driven mindset demonstrated by strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Strong communication skills to strengthen supply chain relationships.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary, Hybrid working, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm with an hour for lunch, 25 days holiday, and company pension.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.