Change Recruitment are currently partnering with an award-winning Manufacturing business in Somerset to recruit a Environment, Sustainability and Safety Manager
In this position which is a mix of both strategic and hands on operations you will be responsible for Environmental, Sustainability and Health & Safety in accordance with the Environmental and Health & Safety policy and procedures, monitor environmental strategies and promote sustainable development.
As an expert in your field, you will be working with a varied range of stakeholders, both internally and externally; ranging from contractors, to colleagues.
The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of Environmental Legislation as well as BSI Audit procedures and ISO 14001 standards. In addition, strong communication skills are key as is the ability to be an effective leader. You will be able to prioritise tasks and deadlines as well as being a great problem solver who is able to build strong working relationships with management, colleagues and key stakeholders.
Ideally you will hold an Environmental Qualification as well as being a Qualified Chemist, Chemical Engineer or similar scientific based subject. In addition, ideally you may have a background within a chemical manufacturing environment.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide Environmental systems for all operating sites and ensure compliance with customer and regulatory body requirements
- Manage the company’s ISO 14001 EMS ensuring appropriate controls, systems and procedures are in place to minimise an environmental incident
- Audit, analyse and report environmental performance to internal and external bodies as required
- Ensure consistency across sites
- Responsible for carbon disclosures for all sites
- Ensure relevant accreditations are managed appropriately (FSC / RSPO / ECOVARDIS)
- Promote and drive sustainability projects across the group, both production and product related
- Line Manager responsibility and mentoring the Health & Safety Advisor
- Liaise with service providers
- Monitor and investigate all Environmental complaints
- Prepare for, host and co-ordinate responses to factory environmental audits
- Conduct external audits of waste disposal contractors and other specified service providers
- Lead the H&S culture across the sites
- Ensure best practice and legal requirements are adhered to
- Manage KPI’s and reporting requirements
In return, our client is offering a very competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and employee benefits scheme. They have their own subsidised staff restaurant, staff shop and free parking on site.
Change Recruitment Services provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.