My client, a well respected manufacturing business that is part of a large international group, is looking to add a MRP Buyer to their Somerset based site. Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for the procurement of direct and indirect materials for the production site.
As such you will be an experienced manufacturing based buyer, used to purchasing based on demand and inventory targets.
Main duties include:
- Raising Purchase requisitions and purchase orders for Supplier
- Progressing / expediting orders with suppliers to ensure on time deliveries
- Act on and resolve problems and delays, communicating and escalating issues that may impact planned production
- Validating and implementing MRP Outputs
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Maintenance of supplier and shipping schedules in line with MRP and manufacturing requirements
- Ensuring cost effectiveness of all purchases, maximising price break, MOQ/EOQ opportunities, managing risk of obsolescence and inventory levels.
- Regularly review supplier performance for quality and service
- Developing systems and better ways of working in line with the needs and demands of the Supply Chain for both the Site and wider European Group.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal departments
- Providing cover and assistance to other supply chain colleagues onsite and throughout the Group.
This role commands a great deal of responsibility within the business, and as such requires a candidate with:
- A working knowledge of purchasing/MRP systems
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving
- A desire to continuously improve processes and procedures
If this seems like you, then apply today.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidate