We are delighted to be working with an excellent manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Taunton who are looking to add a Project Buyer to their Purchasing team. This role is available either at 30 hours a week or on a Full-Time basis.
This is a very involved role where you will be involved in identifying suppliers and best prices for new projects.
Main duties include:
- Work cross functionally to understand customer requirements and specifications.
- Identify potential suppliers and obtain best pricing, lead time and MOQ. Organising samples as required.
- Evaluate potential suppliers based on their ability to meet the relevant project brief.
- Recommend preferred suppliers taking account of the overall purchasing strategy.
- Manage any new supplier set ups.
- Act on and resolve problems and delays, communicating and escalating issues that may impact the project timeline.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, fostering open communication and escalating any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Attend Supplier Review meetings.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within purchasing and supply chain and have excellent communication skills.
In return this role offers a competitive salary of up to £30k and excellent benefits including 27 days holding, private healthcare, generous pension, a corporate discounts perks package and onsite parking to name a few.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates