Change Recruitment are currently working with an international group looking to employ a Purchasing Manager into their UK business. Sitting on the senior management team of the UK business, you will be responsible to leading a team of 6 to deliver top class performance whilst minimising costs through process improvement and supplier negotiation/diversification.
Your main duties will include:
- Coach, mentor and develop your team through change
- Ensure optimum stock holding to balance customer service within spend constraints
- Responsible for margin enhancement through focused purchasing, diversifying the supply chain where possible
- Develop and implement strategic supply chains and the necessary internal and external processes necessary to support them
- Dynamically negotiate supplier costs and enable more competitive pricing.
- Ensure orders to suppliers enable shipments to us on time and in full.
- Work with sales to establish accurate forecasting requirements for purchasing.
- Analysis of data to ensure efficient stocking policies deliver commercial benefits
- Analysis of reporting metrics to manage the external supply base.
- Support the introduction of new products from existing and new suppliers.
- Develop and leverage lean principles and digital solutions to continuously improve departmental efficiencies.
- As an advocate of change and progress, to perform other reasonable duties that may be required by the company
The ideal candidate will need to provide demonstrable experience of achievements in supplier negotiation and cost savings through effective supply chain management. You will have 5 year’s experience in supply chain, worked with lean manufacturing tools and ideally be proficient in six sigma.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates